Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Grace Elisabeth has Arrived

Dear Friends and Family, We've started this blog to share with you all of Grace's "precious moments" She was born July 28th, 2006 at 10:30pm at the Group Health birth center.

Her birth was attended by Cindie Brown our midwife and Jenny Hitch our nurse, both friends. Labor began at 3:00am and progressed slowly because she was sunnyside up(face up, instead of face down). By 5:00pm things had gotten more intense, so we left for the hospital. I was 6cm when we got there. They checked us into a room and we continued to labor there. I was having a lot of pain from back labor and was asking for pain medication. I wanted to have a shot to take the edge off, but the anesthesiologist was busy with a c-section. Jon was doing a great job as labor support. He was doing the double hip squeeze faithfully and working up quite a sweat. Cindie decided to break my water, which I think helped to ease some of the discomfort. At 7:30 I was at 9cm. Jenny and Cindie were able to stall me long enough and I was into the pushing phase and past the window for drugs. After pushing for two more hours she was born, alert and ready to meet the world!

No comments: