




Well this is a bit delayed, but I finally have some pictures from my and Grace's trip to Seattle. We packed in quite a bit for the short amount of time we were there, unfortunately I don't have too many pictures of all our fun. Saturday morning Grandma T, Auntie Liz, Grace and I piled into the car to make the 5 hour drive to Seattle. It went so smoothly. Grace was so sweet and slept most of the way. I slept a bit to, but not nearly as gracefully. I think almost all of my extremities fell asleep at one point or another. For lunch we met up with Great Aunt Paula and Great Uncle Barry, and had "Grinders." It was nice to visit, but we were quickly on to more adventures. We checked into our hotel, napped, played and then moved on to some of my favorite haunts. Trader Joe's, Lalibela Ethiopian food (YUM!), and Dilettantes for ice cream sundaes like no other. Then we headed back to the hotel to crash! These are the pictures from our play time!
Sunday morning we made a trip to our favorite bakery, Macrina, and then onto Ballard High School for the last service our church would be having there, before dividing into two congregations. It was wonderful to see everyone there and we had a great time!
Afterwards we headed to the Partains to party! (Luckily for me, Sarah is a much better and more prolific blogger so you can see all our fun!) Monday night we stayed at the Marzinkes and had a wonderful evening and good conversation. Tuesday morning Keren and I met Jenny and Jonas for coffee at 9am, it was way too early and way too short. I wish we had been able to spend much more time together. Jonas was in top form using his binki and sleeping so sweetly, I wish Grace could have taken the cue. Instead she showed us her great reflexes by flinging OJ all over our dear friend Jenny! Who knows maybe one day she'll be a champion frisbee player?
After leaving our friends, we took a pleasant ride to, Bainbridge where we met up with my parents and had a few relaxing days on the peninsula. We ate great food, watched a few movies and had our requisite Lavender Mocha from wild birds. Thursday, we headed back to Seattle to finally go home. We took another ferry ride back to Seattle, made a stop at Uwajimayas for our Asian market necessities, and then one last stop at Joann's (our third Joann's in as many days looking for the elusive yarn for a soon to be sweater). Finally, Grandma and Grandpa dropped us off at the airport to fly home. The flight was fairly uneventful and Grace did wonderfully.
We were finally home! Although it was a great trip, it seemed we hardly saw everyone we had hoped too. I know that we will be back in the near future and look forward to seeing everyone....eventually. For now we are happy to be back with papa!
3 comments:
it was so fun to have you guys here! thanks so much for coming!
oh i wish you would have let us know you were coming. :( we miss you guys!
missyoumissyoumissyou...can't say it enough! love you too!
Post a Comment