The Olympic game park is located on the peninsula, not far from my parents house in Sequim. It is a truly unique place where you can see a lot of animals you wouldn't normally encounter, up close and personal. And sometimes they get a little too personal! We saw peacocks, water bison, llamas, zebras, a rhinoceros, elk, deer, buffalo and a whole lot more.
Basically, you drive along a road, in your own car, and see the animals at your own leisure. Many of them you can feed as well. We brought along some chard from the garden. Some of them weren't to sure about it at first, but they wised up to us pretty fast.
This picture was an accident, but I think it is my favorite.
This picture was an accident, but I think it is my favorite.
This is by far the closest I have ever been to a bear, or ever want to be, but I was suprised by how much smaller they are in real life. (Most of you know I have quite the over active imagination)
An elk gracing us with his presence. Grace LOVES elk, she has personal relationship with one at the mall...but that's another post. Grandma and Grandpa were driving the bus and holding Grace so she could get the best view.
Beautiful view of the valley and the Olympics
Big Buffalo
little deer amid big buffalo
Visiting the chickens on the way out
No comments:
Post a Comment