Here are a few pics from our recent trip to the fair. I've been waiting many months to take Grace so she can see all the animals in her picture books up close and personal.
The fair was quite the experience for her. As you can see from this picture all the sights and sounds were so interesting she didn't even want to take a picture.
The fair was quite the experience for her. As you can see from this picture all the sights and sounds were so interesting she didn't even want to take a picture.
Jon and I were reminiscing about the fair's of our youth. It seemed to him that all the rides looked exactly the same. I know the zipper did, but that's another story. I thought they might let us all go on the ferris wheel, but Grace needs to grow another couple feet. Pooh!
We just watched a show on PBS about giant pumpkin growers. It is truly a mania, I think. They equated growing these pumpkins to raising children. OH PLEASE! When your pumpkin has woken you up five times in the night and barf or pooped on you too, call me then we'll talk.
These are Brahmin cows. Named after the sacred cows of India. I also watched a PBS shows about cows. Hmmm....I think we might be on a roll. They are very interesting creatures don't you think?Well, there was much more that we saw but I don't know if I have time to write it all. We had the requisite fair food, including a half gallon of A&W. Don't worry it was diet. No high blood sugars here. There was also some cattle herding and mutton bustin.
Afterwards, in the Holmes family tradition we went out to eat. (but not for spaghetti factory) We had a craving for Indian and we must have gotten a little too much sun, because we ordered our food the spiciest. We both agreed it was the hottest food we ever had! So, it was truly a day of adventure.




1 comment:
How fun! We need to find a fair to go to around here. Renny would love it! We are making it a family tradition to go pumpkin picking in October and we get to see some farm animals then. And buy some tasty fudge. Yum...
Post a Comment