Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Grace turns two...warp speed ahead

Here are a few pictures from Grace's birthday. Monday was officially Grace's birthday and we decided to have a small family dinner on that day rather than try to plan a future date when Everyone could make it. It was hard for me to accept that, but in the end it worked out better. Jon picked up pizza and salad from Costco and I made an octopus cake. I bought the cake pan because I loved the way it looked by itself, but I am committed to using it often, so Grace may have octopus cake every year for her birthday! The recipe that came with it made a dense cake that looked like a sand sculpture, and I thought why ruin it with icing, right?
Grace started her day at MaryLou's and after lunch I brought over some of my leftover birthday cake for the kids to eat. She was so thrilled when we sang her happy birthday and blew out her candles, it was priceless. Then when got home she refused to take her nap, (which may be in some small part to the chocolate cake with mocha (coffee) frosting. With little time left we made the cake, stuck it in the oven ran to the store and bought balloons and markers (for coloring our sea pictures) and came back home just in time get set up.
Liz and Avery came over a little early and we had some nice visiting time and then a quick dinner-coloring-cake n' ice cream-and presents. She also got a special present from Mommy and Daddy, but that will have to wait until I get some pictures. :) All in all it was a very good second birthday.





1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Yay! Happy Birthday, Grace! I can't believe you're TWO already.